Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Visit to the Country

 

 On Day 3 of our adventure we went to visit my other Grandma Rene.  My dad and his wife Sonia live on the property next door so we went to go fish and take the paddle boat out...
 I brought lunch to share...
 
 My Grandma "Rene" (Irene) and her namesake Willow Irene~
 
 Rowan wasn't really into the fishing part~




 Some huge fish were caught!




 He was roasting in the southern sun and humidity...especially in that black shirt! His cheeks turned bright red~



 Catfish~


 Getting a lesson on how to cast~
 Rowan had fun riding around in the boat~

 Willow caught a bass!




 And she learned how to pick them up with no line attached~




It was a fun afternoon~


Rowan wanted to count my piggy bank that I have had since I was a baby...I have a lot of silver dollars in there and my Dad gave the kids each a silver dollar from 1888 that's worth about $25 now.  So crazy!


It was good to see Rene.  So many great memories at her house growing up. She taught me to sew and inspired my love of knitting~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!