Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Cataract and Vitrectomy Removal

 On Wednesday April 12th I had eye surgery...again.  This time I had the Vitreous removed (to hopefully prevent the Uveitis from ever reappearing) and I had cataract surgery.  All of this is a result of that very first steroid injection I had to have to calm down the uveitis 2 years ago.  I had gotten to where I was totally blind with the cataract so it was time to have it removed! The surgery went well and so far my vision is sooo much better, it was 20/25 the day after!  I will now have to have reading glasses since I had to go with a distance lens but I am ok with that! At least people have faces again and my brain isn't trying to correct my vision between my 20/15 eye and legally blind eye.  That was killing me! Plus the auras around lights and sunlight being seriously painful. Cataracts are awful~


Recovery sucks. Not to mention the high dose steroids I have to take for 15 days.  I do not do well on prednisone.  I have panic attacks and my heart races constantly, not to mention about another 100 symptoms that the average person doesn't have.  I had to give up my weightlifting and running...for some time but I will get back to it as soon as I can! And hiking...I can't do anything strenuous for 4 to 6 more weeks, can't bend over and I cant lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk.  I am going insane sitting around my house looking at all the stuff I need to lift and put away! I now realize how much of my day is spent bending over and cleaning LOL

I have 2 more days at 40 mg of prednisone and then 3 at 20mg and then I can start to detox it out of me! I have been juicing (Joe Cross is amazing) and David has been feeding me quite well.  Drinking tons of water, but that's nothing new.  Its really all I can do...I have been walking 5 miles every day because its all I can do for "exercise"...so boring! but its better than just sitting around.  I hate that I am losing all my hard worked muscles and strength! I can't wait to get back to it.

Hoping for good news next week at my check up...and for my eye to no longer look like I am possessed demon! I can't wait to get back to my life.  There is too much fun to be had!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!