Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Stitch a Day 2017

 
My friend started a "Stitch a Day 2017" group and I decided that would be fun and joined.  Every day you embroider something and at the end of the year you have a beautiful piece of artwork to frame.  I had to play catch up so on January 5th I did these 5 stitches~
Jan 1st: 2017~ Happy New Year!
Jan 2nd: The snowflake for sledding in the snow
Jan 3rd: A roller skate (since we went skating)
Jan 4th: the swirl with French knots
Jan 5th: Dino feet for the Dino museum trip
 
 Jan 6th: Chain stitch with French knots~
 Jan 7th: Feather stitch
 Jan 8th: A coffee cup for meeting up for coffee and Stitch and Bitch with friends
 Jan 9th: A pyramid for Magic Treehouse Club...we learned all about Mummies~
 Jan 10th: A carrot...trying to double my vegetable intake~
 Jan 11th: A gear for the Discovery Gateway Children's museum
 Jan 12th: A deer...we saw tons of deer on the way to the cabin and one even ran into the truck...he was ok and took off and no one was hurt and there was no damage done thankfully!

 Jan 13th: A couching stitch (sort of) ~
 Jan 14th: Spent the day knitting with friends at the cabin so I made a little ball of yarn and needles


 Jan 15th: Sledding at the cabin!
 Jan: 16th: A tiny barbell for weightlifting.  David and I are on week 7 of a program we started and I am LOVING it!  I feel so much stronger~
 
 
Jan 17th: An apple...Rowan and Hank ate so many apples...then Rowan saw a commercial that was actually for insurance I think but it was about Snow White, he remembered the story and wanted me to read it to him again (he kept hiding under the covers in fear) and then he wanted to watch the movie Snow White and the Huntsman so we did... 
 
 Jan 18th: Cards Against Humanity.  It's always a fun night with my girlfriends playing Cards Against Humanity!
 Jan 19: Soup kind of day~


Jan 20th: Mom's night out at Mi Ranchito...so I made a taco~
 
 
 
Jan 21st: Today was the Women's March on Washington ( along with many, many marches across the world! I couldn't be at those but I was there in solidarity! I made a Pussy hat in support. Marching on Monday in Utah~
 
 
Jan 22nd: I spent the day watching movies and knitting pussy hats for the women's march on the Utah state capital!  
 
 
 
Jan 23rd: The March.  It was incredible.  It was an honor.  It restored my faith in humanity.  Here is my sign.
 
Jan 24th: I worked on our family budget and I am really excited about the goals we have set for the year!  I made a little dollar~
 
 
 
 
Jan 25th: The Chocolate for Mom's night...need I say more!
 
 
 
Jan 26th: Feeding the Homeless Service Project...I tried to make my crockpot full of soup but it looks like a toaster!
 
Jan 27th: Saying goodbye to gluten for a little while...my stomach will thank me~
 
Jan 28th: I added another swirl to 2017 
 
 
Jan 29th: A little bit of cross stitching
 
 
 
Jan 30th: Craft Circle...making fairies~
 
Jan 31st:  Rainbows! Working on Rowan's Koala Crate all about rainbows!
 
 
January: A month of stitches~
 
 
Feb 1st: Happy # 26 Aspen!
 
 
Feb 2nd: Glasses...Both Willow and Aspen got glasses!
 
Feb 3rd: I added some grass to Aspen's tree~
 
 
Feb 4th: Mom's night out at Settabelos Pizza!
 
 
 Feb 5th: I added clouds to my rainbow

 Feb 6th: I colored in the roller skate since we went to the rink again~


Feb 7th: A sun for the beautiful reprieve from winter we have had~

Feb 8th: Ice skating at the Gallivan Center
 
 
 Feb 9th: Added light bursts around the fairy~


 Feb 10th: Sea Quest Aquarium visit...made a little shark~

 
Feb 11th: Added seed stitch to the pyramid~ 
 
 
February 12th: A little rain cloud for all the rain~
 
 Feb 13th: Made a little pirate hat for Magic Treehouse Club all about Pirates~
 
 Feb 14th: He is my Valentine <3 p="">
 
 Feb15th: We delivered Valentines to the VA Hospital~

 Feb 16th: Craft Circle...needle felting...although I just sat and knit the castle~

Feb 17th: Packing up David and Willow for a quick trip to Vegas to see Twenty One Pilots! ~
 
 Feb18th: Willow and David had an awesome time at the Twenty One Pilots Concert.  So I made their logo...
 Feb19th: Started reading The Zookeepers Wife...I loved the story~

Feb 20th: Left on a Road trip down Utah's Scenic Hwy 12~  
 
 
Feb 21st: Hiked to Shakespeare Arch in Kodachrome State Park
 
 
Feb 22nd: Happy Birthday to me!
 
 
Feb 23rd: Made the Hickman Bridge Arch that we hiked to on my Birthday in Capital Reef National Park~
 
 
Feb 24th: Made a Tequila bottle and shot glass to remember the crazy fun we had at David's bosses house for the celebration of his promotion, Simba's 3rd Wedding, My Birthday, Nicki's Birthday and Ed's Birthday...CAH will never be the same!~
 
Feb 25th: Made a Pokémon for the new Generation of hunting that was released~
 
 
Feb 26th: Made a castle...I'm knitting this enormous project for Rowan...working hard on a castle~
 
 
Feb 27th: Made a little geo board for our art activity with our homeschooler friends~
 
 
Feb 28th:  Happy Birthday to my Willow...a Willow tree for 14~
 
 
January and February: 2 months of stitches 
I'm really loving this project!
 
 
 March 1st: We built Marble runs with our Homeschool Friends~

 March 2nd: Paint night!

 March 3rd: Zumba with friends after book club~

 March 4th: I attended the Rise Up and March On Conference~

March 5th: More Pokémon Hunting so I colored in my Little Pokémon~
 
 March 6th:I finally made an appointment to get my cataract removed...surgery next month!  I am so ready to see clear again~

 March 7th: I finished listening to Will Greyson, Will Greyson for book club.  I loved it...such a cute, quick story of love~

 March 8th: Library Day! Tons of new books to read~


 March 9th:  Mardi Gras Mask Making party with our unschooled friends!

 March 10th: Craft Circle with friends! I worked on making St Patrick's Day bags for the kids to collect gold at our upcoming scavenger hunt~


 March 11th:  Filled in the dino feet from our museum adventure with a satin stitch~

March 12th:  Stitch and Bitch at Café Solstice...one of my favorite Monthly meet ups~ 
 
 March 13th: Pokestop! So much Poke hunting going on~

 March: 14th: Mardi Gras Celebrating with our Homeschool Friends~

 March 15th: A beautiful sunny Spring Day!

 March 16th: We made sushi!

 March 17th: Happy St Patrick's Day!

 March 18th: Early morning Zumba and Breakfast for Tina's birthday!

 March 19th: So much wind!

 March 20th: Whole 30...attempt (we only did a whole 6 LOL) But we will try again soon~


 March 21st: Beauty and the Beast...I loved it!

 March 22nd: Rainy zoo day with friends

 March 23rd: Tons of food prep and cooking for camping

 March 24th: Snow Canyon State Park

 March 25th: First Camping Trip of the season with friends~


 March 26th: Zion National Park


 March 27th: So so many vegetables!


 March 28th: Card making for Rene and Nana...86 and 90 this year!

 March 29th: More eye tests

  March 30th: Added some swirls to the skate (we were supposed to go skating but it got cancelled)

 March 31st: More work on the castle

 
 
March: 3 months of Daily Stitches~
 
 
 April 1st: Violets...Rowan keeps bringing me so many from the yard.  I love that about Spring!

 April 2nd: Happy #86 to my Grandma Rene...added some more decoration to her card~

 April 3rd: Ninjas for Magic Treehouse Club (so it turned out more like a pirate mask)

 April 4th: Chain stitch

 April 5th:  Colored in the Library books...more books all about Pokémon of course~

 April 6th: Added color to my bday cupcake~

 April 7th: Rowan finally figured out how to use the mouse and play minecraft! Let the gaming days commence~

 April 8th: Added a backstitch border to my Snow Canyon stitch~

 April 9th: Yes, its snowing...really Utah?

 April 10th: Added a backstitch border to Capital Reef~

 April 11th: Added a road to the truck and trailer...the trailer is all ready for its first rental!

 April 12th: Eye surgery time...getting this cataract out...added some healing yellow and blue light around my eye~
 

 April13: added a border around the cupcake...areas needing some separation in my opinion~

 April 15: Unschoolers Egg Hunt!

 April 15th: More egg hunt fun at a friends annual hunt!

 April 16th: Happy Easter Bunny~

 April 17th: Added a border to frame in 2017~



 April 18th: Added a little cross stitch gold floor to my skate~

April 19th: Headed to hang out with some wild creatures for the day...Willow LOVES the fox~

 April 20th: Added some stitching to my Stitch and Bitch area of the piece for a meetup in Provo with friends~

 April 21st: So many daffodils!

April 22nd: Happy Earth Day!
 
 
 April 23rd: I made a little door.  Mara moved into her new place! I took her shopping today to stock her kitchen~

 April 24th: A little design around my Tequila and shot glasses~


 April 25th: A little stitch around Willow's tree~


  April 26th: A divider backstitch around the deer~


April 27th: A little chain stitch filler~
 
 
 
April 28th: outlined the shamrock~
 
 
April 29th: Trim around the heart~
 
 
 
April 30th: We had a great day at the Zoo with Aspen and Mallory so I added a little but to my previous zoo stitch~
 
 
April: 4 Months of Daily Stitches~
 
 
 
 
 
 May 1st: Tulips for the Tulip Festival

 May 2nd: A maypole for our May Faire

May 3rd: 16:8...trying out some fasting to help my adrenals...I discovered 16:8...you fast for 16 hours and eat in an 8 hour window.  not much different than what I normally do but it did seem to help! I did it for a few weeks. 
 
 May 4th: A heart for the regular Thursday night date night that David and I are so lucky to have thanks to Josh!



 May 5th: A shirt for all the laundry and packing we did getting ready for our big trip to the South~

 May 6th: Airplane to Memphis~

 May 7th: Added some to the 90th bday stitch for the big birthday party!

 May 8th: Spent the day with my grandma Rene and my dad fishing on the lake so I made a little pond and fishing pole~

 May 9th: Spent the day with my dear friend Jane...a J in a circle~

 May 10th: Spent the day at the Memphis Zoo so I added MEM to my previous zoo stitch~

 May 11th: Running stitch filler for the drive from Memphis to Atlanta~

 May 12th: A Beluga whale for our trip to the Georgia Aquarium~

 May 13th: The Walking Dead...so much sight seeing and touring and fun!

 May 14th: Happy Mother's Day! We spent the day at the Atlanta zoo...so added some lettering to the zoo stitch

 May 15th: wind for the plane for our trip home~

 May 16th: Added some blue tears to my eye...very traumatic visit...I am so done with all of this eye stuff!

 May 17th: A Joshua Tree for my Joshua's 24th Birthday~

 May 18th: Added some desert sand satin stitching to the tree~

 May 19th: Bunk beds for Rowan! His room was finally complete~

 May 20th: Some seed stitch grass for the maypole~

May 21st: Some flowers for the maypole~
 
 
 May 22nd: Rowan and I went to the Aviary to look at birds from the Amazon~


 May 23rd: Added bedding to the bunkbeds~


 May 24th: Added a party hat to the Pokémon for a Pokémon bday party we went to~

 May 25th: A flower~

 May 26th: Added more to the flower~

 May 27th: Made a funky design~



May 28th: Back to the 5 X 5 program~

 May 29th: David turned 45~

 May 30th: Chain stitch filler~


May 31st: French knot fillers~

                                                                 May: 5 Month of Stitches

 
June 1st: A frame around Josh's Birthday tree~

 

 June 2nd: A bonnet for This is the Place heritage Park~

 June 3rd: A garage door for our overhaul of the garage~

 June 4th: A tree for all the parks we have been going to~

 June 5th: I Added a sun to the park~

 June 6th: Splashpad water spray~

 June 7th: X frame around the 5X5~

 

June 8th: A little cross stitch design~ 
 
 June 9th: We planted a garden~


June 10th: Willow has become a math queen~

   
June 11th: Summer reading Program has begun!

 June 12th: Magic Treehouse Club, Sabretooth tiger~
 


June 13th: Added a stitch~

 

 June 14th: Stitch and Bitch at Tearimisu...best Panini I have ever had!

 

 June 15th: Happy Birthday Rowan! I can't believe you are 5! A Rowan tree just or him~

 June 16th: Chomper for Plants vs Zombies...He had an awesome Birthday Party!

 June 17th: Added some grass under the tree~

June 18th: Happy Father's Day! We re off to see Guster play at Red Butte~
 
 June 19th: Just playing with stitches~

 June 20th: More filler stitching~

 June 21st: Celebrating solstice with a fire and fairy food~

 June 22nd: Added to the Aviary after going with friends for the day~

 June 23rd: Added to the fairy house~

 June 24th: David tore down the back fence~

 June 25th: Filler stitch~

 June 26th: Filler stitch~

 June 27th: Filler stitch~

 June 28th: Filler stitch~


June 29th: Messy Party!


 June 30th: Some little golden stars for finishing 6 months of daily stitches!


June: 6 Months of Daily Stitches
 
 
 
July 1st: Scout Fall Hike
 
 July 2nd:  Family games and BBQ


 July 3rd: Rowan can swim!

 July 4th: A firework for the festivities
 
 July 5th: Added some water to the little fish

July 6th: Packing for Lava Hot Springs camping!

 July 7th: Added a lake to Lava for cliff jumping fun!

July 8th: Added some mountains to Lava~
 
 
 
 July 9th: Filler stitch

 July 10th: Sage...so much sage on all the drives we have been doing

 July 11th" Added to the Discovery Gateway gear...had a blast at the museum with friends

 July 12th: back to Seven Peaks

 July 13th: More splash pad fun

 July 14th: Filler stitch

 July 15th:  Filler stitch

 July 16th: Hike to Stewart Falls

 July 17th: Midnight on the Moon..Magic Treehouse club

 July 18th: Filler stitch

 July 19th: Added more to the falls stitch

 July 20th: More splash pad summer fun

 July 21st: packing for The Tetons!

 July 22nd: Added the snake river

 July 23rd: Added mountains

 July 24th: Added the rafting crew

 July 25th: Added a tree

 July 26th: Filler stitch

 July 27th: Filler Stitch
 
 
 
 
July 28th: Happy Anniversary...27 years
 
July 29th: Hiking Lake Blanche
 
July 30th: Filler Stitch
 
July 31st: More seven peaks fun
 
July: 7 Months of Daily Stitches~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!