Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, January 27, 2017

Service, Curiosity and Play



 We decided in December that this was going to be a year of our unschooling group giving back.  We went downtown to the Homeless shelter and we were able to feed nearly 100 people! It was heartbreaking to have to turn people away when we ran out of food so hopefully next time we will have many more families bringing food!
 Willow was quite moved by the experience.  I am so glad we are doing this!


Soup, chili, corn bread muffins, bread and butter and casseroles!


 I hope we made someone's day a little brighter~ Then we were off to play!


 It's always fun when friends ride in the car with you!

 The Curiosity Museum is a favorite for sure!
 Thanks Hollie for getting pictures...I was feeling so tired...




Lot's of games of cops and robbers~

 Spotting's of the teens happened on occasion~
















 Rowan and Kaia decided to get soaking wet!



 So much fun!
 It was a great day! But it didn't end there...Zackary came home with us, Brixton went home with Koda and Rowan went home with Trexton! It was his first time to go to a playdate without me! He had "a million times fun" he said.  Thanks for the fun Tina and Hollie!
 
He fell asleep just before midnight telling me how awesome his day was...

Another awesome day being an unschooler~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!