Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Quick Day Trip to Portland

Ok, so we had not planned at all to go to Portland this trip but we told Rowan about this tree at the Arboretum and he really wanted to see it~

 So we stopped downtown and got some ice cream at our favorite stop~
And of course we hunted Pokémon like crazy cause that's what we do!



 He was just a little excited~
 For Willow...she really wants one.  And seriously, I just love Portland~

 Watching~
 Oh the memories that came flooding back.  So much time spent at the downtown fountains on the Willamette~
 We made our way through the traffic over to the arboretum to find the Monkey Puzzle tree~
 Of course if its hiking in the woods we are happy people~
 So many awesome trees to climb~


 I had been telling Rowan about how I used to have to dodge these guys on the path when I would walk in Oregon...I was so happy that he got to see one~
 He was really unsure about it~
There are a lot of wonderful memories in Portland.  Many brought me to tears. It seems like a lifetime ago.  Why do they have to grow up so fast?



This city will always have a piece of my heart~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!