Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fireflies in Utah

 
 
We drove up to Logan to see fireflies.  We had no idea there were fireflies here! There are several areas in Utah where they can be found. I grew up catching them and putting them in jars.  One of my best summertime memories~
 
 
  I love how Rowan is holding Wolfie's finger~
 
 We met up for dinner with our great friends The McNeils and had some delicious pizza at Jacks~
 
 Then we headed to the park to see the fireflies.  This was an event being put on by the Stokes Nature Center.  Apparently they planned on a maximum of 1000 people and there were at least 5000 that showed! So we didn't get to do the tour but we did get to see the field light up with fireflies so that was pretty cool~
 
 The kids had a great time running around~



 

 
 Lounging~

 I had a bunch of glowstick toys left over from Rowan's birthday party so I brought those for when it got dark~
 
 They had fireworks for Nibley Heritage Days in a nearby park so we stayed and watched those before heading home~

 
 It was a nice evening with great friends~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!