Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hopes, Wishes and Dreams for 2016

 New Years Day started off great! I finally got back to the gym, no not a new years resolution (I don't make those), just finally feeling healed from surgery and feeling full of energy to burn. I was surprised that is was not packed! Then David and I had a date to the movies to see Mockingjay Part 2 alone! We couldn't even remember the last time that happened.   Willow had a sleepover and they hung out most of the day. Definitely a great way to start her year~
 We had a great family dinner and I was entertained by "Superhero Rowan" while cleaning up~
 
 Then we sat down and made some hopes, wishes and dreams for 2016.  It is still a work in progress but we came up with some great ideas for the year. Some make me laugh, some seem unattainable (but never say never!) and some will definitely happen. Not sure how we are going to make visiting the midnight zone in the Gup C happen for Rowan, but I am sure I can pull of building a hydrothermal vent and making a yeti crab. Yes, he is only 3 but he loves Octonauts.

We are so excited for this new year and all the good possibilities. 2015 was really rough to be honest.  We have some great memories for sure and I am always looking for the positives but freak eye conditions and having to have Hernia Surgery twice do not make it one of my favorite years!

 We had some amazing trips, great visits with family and friends and had a calendar so full of amazing activities we had to pick and choose what to do. As for our kids, Aspen got his surgery and graduated from the University of Utah. Josh formed his own company, made some great friends and found a job he really enjoys while he is building his company.  Mara made some awesome life changing decisions and has shown us in a big way that amazing will and determination that she has always had. Willow got to meet one of her most favorite actresses/musicians twice, she acquired many animals working on that zoo, found tons of friends, started piano lessons, and went to San Francisco twice! Rowan has the most amazing Spiderman birthday party ever, loved being a part of Nature in the City, became part of an awesome little coop of unschooled preschoolers and has made some really awesome buddies~

Here is to a great year of unlimited possibilities~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!