Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4th: Festival of Trees and Christkindlmarket

 
 We made it to the Festival today!  We were supposed to go yesterday with the Salt Lake Unschoolers but my eye had other ideas~
 It was quite magical~
 
 Rowan enjoyed making a few crafts~
 
 He is my little crafter~


 And he did some fishing~

 



 There were super cute Gingerbread Houses~



 Neat displays~
 And performances~
 There were also tons of trees but I didn't seem to capture those this time.  We didn't stay too long but everyone had fun~
 Rowan's creations~


 Then it was off to the Moran Eye Center where I seem to be spending quite a lot of time these days.  My eye is not happy at all that I had that steroid injection back in July for Intermediate Idiopathic Uveitis.  But hey, I kind of wanted to keep my vision!  It has forgotten how to drain and the pressure build up from my eye's natural fluid is too high. It is a rare side effect from a steroid injection, so of course I would have it!  Luckily, I have no damage to my optic nerve and no inflammation from the Uveitis to be seen.  As for now I am doing some eye drops and an oral medication to hopefully bring down the pressure and we will check again on Monday.  If it is not down, surgery to make a drain for my eye is the next step.  Unfortunately for the time being,  the quickest way to get the pressure down is a needle to my eye to draw out the excess so I have been having to sleep of the trauma of having that done the last few days.  I know some people have it way worse than I do so I am trying not to complain too much but it is really pretty horrific.  I'm so glad we have such fun things to do to take my mind off of it~
 Rowan really likes the beautiful tree in the building~
 It is huge and the presents are as big as him~
 
 After a long, much needed nap for me,  we headed to This is the Place to the Christkindlmarket~
 
 It was wonderful~
 Adorable shops, yummy food and music~
 I addd to my Gnome collection~
 And made Willow pose for lots of obligatory photos~
 Rowan was fast asleep~

 We met up with our good friends~

And enjoyed some hot chocolate in the cold night~



 Sillies~
 She found the animals~
 

 Warmth~
 
 Shops~
A wonderful day had by all~

Looking forward to tomorrows adventures~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!