Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Salt Lake Unschoolers Forest School: Fifth Water Hot Springs


 
To end our Summer of awesomeness, we hiked to Fifth Water Hot Springs~

There were cows everywhere just walking down the road~

 And hanging out around the river~

 It took us a while but we finally found the trailhead~
 And away we went on our 6+ mile journey~
 
 The fall colors were beautiful~




 The hike was pretty brutal.  Up and down hill and it was HOT! I was wearing Rowan on my back and he is getting so heavy! But we persevered~
 We cooled off in the warm stream~
 And then we made it to the Hot Springs~
 We did not soak naked~


 Snacking~

 Willow force feeding everyone her favorite easy cheese~

Soaking in the scalding water~
 And then Willow took the camera~




 Rowan loved swimming~

 And splashing~

 And running~

 

 



 And then it was time to head back~
 Rowan hiked for a bit on the way back~

 Friendship~

 I love fall leaves~


We saw a tiny lizard! We were on the lookout for rattlesnakes but their were none to be seen~

 And then an early dinner at JCW's before heading home for some Dungeons and Dragons~


Another Awesome Day to be an Unschooler~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!