Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snow Dough

 
 
So today for Advent we were supposed to build a snowman and maybe go sledding.  We don't have snow in the valley, and yes I could have gone to the mountains, but I decided to make snow dough instead.
 First we shredded almost an entire double roll of toilet paper...
 
 Then we microwaved a bar of ivory soap for 1 minute (has to be ivory soap!)
 It puffed up and was dry....really strange.

 

We crumbled it over the toilet paper and mixed it all around.
 
 Then we added about 1 1/2 cups of water...

 And mixed it all together.  I think this was his favorite part!

 He spent a good 2 hours playing with this stuff.
 He wanted me to make a snowman...and he made pancakes for him!

 Then he made a mountain for his truck....
 And pizza....


The snow is coming...skiing, sledding and snowman building "outside" will be here soon enough~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!