Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, August 18, 2014

Urban Wilderness Exploration: Salt Lake Nature Center

Today's exploration was to the Robert N. Hasenyager Great Salt Lake Nature Center in Farmington Utah.
 I took Rowan into the kids exploration building while waiting for the group, which was a mistake if I had hoped to hike :)  He LOVED it in there.
 I talked him into hiking for a bit...but it was HOT and he kept talking about the frogs in the building.


 So we headed back...
 We did see a muskrat on our way back! He scurried off before I could capture his picture.  Rowan is now obsessed with cat tails and the fact that the little creature he wanted to hug eats them :)
 Back to learn about frogs...
 and brine shrimp...
 owl pellets...
 "I find bones!"

 bird nests and eggs...
 foot prints...
 his favorite, the Heron...
 He was screaming "look! look" all the birds!"

 I really want to come back and hike around...when it is cooler.
 cute crocheted brine shrimp...
 Back to look at the frogs...I am going to have to get him this...

 Afterwards we met Dad for lunch.  The guy in the restaurant drew a mustard smiley face on the window for Rowan.


 Of course, drinking ketchup was again on the menu :)

Great start to a great day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!