Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Not Back to School Picnic and Play

 While everyone on facebook is posting their kids 1st day of ____ grade pictures, we were enjoying ourselves at the park with a herd of other homeschoolers.  We unschool. I am the facilitator of whatever they dream up. I love my job. Our home does not look like a school...we don't recreate school in any way.  Learning is happening all the time. Yes my kids can read and write and ~gasp~ even do math without ever cracking open a textbook! In fact, a couple of them even manage college and jobs. There are few days that look alike. We have days of nothingness and days so full I can barely stand at the end of them.  I would not trade our lives for anything!
Joy, love, happiness and freedom.  It is really awesome to be an unschooler!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!