Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Saturday

 First stop: Music Together.  Rowan loves his music class.  What a great year it has been!  He was insane in class today.  He was running the circle almost constantly, hitting kids over the head with his cast arm, spitting, and trying to escape the room! But, he was also singing and dancing and laughing too.  But seriously, all the other families were looking at him like he had lost his mind.  Rowan usually sits on my lap and nurses 30 times in class...occasionally he heads for the one bench under the window when there are other kids on it but he never goes crazy like today!
 
 After music, I ran home and grabbed Willow and we were off to a May Faire put on by Utah Waldorf. 
 It was really fun. We only stayed for a short while but Willow did get this Octopus balloon guy.
 They are opening a Waldorf charter school in 2016 in Millcreek. There are many things I love about Waldorf education but many things I find limiting and controlling. There seems to be a huge community though and everyone I spoke with was so nice.  It will be interesting to see what their requirements will be for attending their school.

 After the Faire, we headed to get some lunch.  Willow wanted to eat at Letherbys.  We had only been there once, last summer, and we only had ice cream.  The food was ok and the ice cream was yummy but our server was a little strange.  I asked for a scoop of vanilla with chocolate and caramel sauce and this is what he brought me?? Would you care for some ice cream with your sauce?
After lunch we went to check out Plato's Closet.  She is officially in love.  Willow has really been into thrift store shopping lately.  it has been fun to take her around town and have her find treasures. She has mostly been finding stuff for her room but we were able to find her a complete wardrobe for under $60 at Plato's Closet! She also found that even though she refuses to wear jeans, she actually likes jean shorts.  I think she likes them from the thrift stores because they have been washed a billion times and they are soft. 

Another great day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!