Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, May 23, 2014

Hike to Ensign Peak

 
 What a great day for a hike!
 We headed to Ensign Peak with our LLL playgroup.

 Rowan said their were Tiger's in the tall grass. He even told some ladies on the way up that they were there.  On the way down they asked him if he saw any more tigers and he said "no" "moose" :) (we did not see any moose for the record)
 It was a slow climb with my little hiking buddy.  It was so nice to take in the quiet...
 Looking back at the Wasatch Range...

 I found ants!
 We watched them work for a while carrying things much bigger than their bodies!

 And then we found friends!
 
 Getting higher...
 
 Snack break...and it was a good thing.  Suddenly the breeze stopped and it got hot!

Then we found more friends!

 We made it to the top! The not so pretty side with interstate, factories and the train depot...oh and the Great Salt Lake off in the distance.

 There's the peak!

 Quite the view!
 
 Downtown Salt Lake...
 Waving hello to Dad at work...


 Lots of fun at the top...
 Running...

Looking for insects...
 A beetle...



 And setting a poor deceased bee free into the wind...

 My friend who will have "thighs of steele" by the end of our hiking season. I am amazed by her strength!
 After the hike we headed to the Ensign Garden for a bit.
 These three are always finding something interesting...
Great friends, beautiful day~ we are so fortunate ~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!