Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Coop: Renaissance Faire

 
Today for coop we had a Renaissance Faire!
 Josh came along to show everyone his weapons and do some sparring.


I had a brave knight, a magical fairy and a sweet peasant child with me today.
 The fairy and the knight had a pre-battle before the rest of the group arrived.

 There were many sweet little girls at the park that were enamored by Willow.  They thought she was a real fairy and could fly! Willow was very sweet to them and they were hugging her and telling her that they loved her.  She thanked them by sharing some pixie dust with them.

 Then, the rest of our awesome group arrived.
 
 Josh told them all about his Cold Steele weapons....


 And then they got a turn to check them out...
 Rowan found Moonie and Junie and they were off to explore.
 
 Even the smallest fairies came to see the weapons...

 The brave knight also showed them all his chain mail...

 And then it was time for a battle...



 I am pretty sure the fairy won this one!
 She was super fast!
 Many of the group lost legs and arms in battle...
 But the fought on with all their might...

 Some tried the chain mail...

 And my peasant child fell asleep under the shade of a tree...
 Nothing better than a nap on a cool summer day under the shade of tree snuggled up to a fairy (just ignore the iphone ;))
 The tiniest of Knights took to the battlefield.

 I think he may have won this battle out of pure cuteness...

 In the meantime, magic potions, bubble wands, swords and heraldry was being made.
 And of course the day came to a close with a dance around the maypole.
 


 Another great day with great friends! What a great life it is...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!