Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Quilt

 
 My grandmother has always made quilts.  She has made me several and made one for each of my kids.  Rowan received his in the mail recently.

 Everyone calls my Grandmother "Miss Irene"  It is the South after all, and I guess when I was little I could not say that so I just call her Rene.  That is what my kids call her too.
 He knows it is his and he loves it.
 A100% handmade beautiful treasure.
Rene taught me the joys of sewing and making things.  It was a magical childhood.
 Of course my older kids want to roll themselves up in it because it smells like her house!
 They have very fond memories, like I do, of being there.
Hopefully Rowan will too...


We love you Rene!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!