Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, September 20, 2013

Forest Friends: Birds

 
 Forest school today was brought to us by Bob from the Audubon Society. We took a hike in the meadow where we meet and he shared with us his infinite wisdom of local birds and plants.  He was so great with the kids!

 We learned so much today.  Sage, rosehips, Aspens just to name a few...
 Of course lots of bird info although we didn't see many birds.  Fall is definitely here and most have moved on. 

 If you look really close you can see one of the red tail hawks that we saw. Need to remember that zoom lens...

 Even the littlest ones enjoyed the hike! She is just too precious for words.
 It was absolutely gorgeous today. Love this time of year.
 Willow spotted the patterns on this log...probably beetles?
Thank you Bob (and Travis for setting it all up!) for a wonderful afternoon.

We love Forest School!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!