Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Maggie's Injury

 Rowan has been loving our lovely weather...playing in the grass, blowing bubbles and laughing at the dogs fetching balls.
 He loves this little plastic bath toy boat. He prefers it over almost any toy he has right now. I am not sure what the appeal is?
 Maggie kept bringing him the ball to throw for her :)


 But then something scary happened.  I threw the ball and Maggie ran after it and went down.  She yelped really loud and then she was dragging her back legs.  It was horrific.  We rushed her to an emergency vet since our regular vet was closed and they diagnosed her with FEC, Fibrocartilaginous Embolism. They kept her overnight and had her on pain meds and steroids.  She came home the next day on pain meds and was so very depressed :(
She is literally frowning! This happened on a Wednesday evening and on Monday I took her to see our amazing chiropractor.  Seriously, after one adjustment Maggie was smiling and moving a lot better.  She has had 4 adjustments and has regained all movement in the right leg and most in the left.  She is still having trouble getting up the wooden stairs but she is soooo much better! They say with FEC that the injury will heal to its maximum by 3 weeks.  We are at 2 weeks today and I think Maggie will be back to her old self.  Her attitude is definitely back! She is so desperate to fetch she keeps bringing me pine cones when she goes outside.

We love you miss Maggie. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!