Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Natural History Museum of Utah

 Today was free day at NHMU.  Willow has been many times before with friends and family but this was my first time. Very cool museum! I told a friend that we ran into that Willow was my guide for the day, showing me around.  She then kept referring to herself as my mentor. Yes, Willow, you are my mentor in more ways than you could ever know.
 Willow has always enjoyed weaving.  She has made some pretty cool weaves and she said this was her favorite exhibit.
 Rowan had the grandest time! Anywhere that stuffed animals can be found you will hear him laughing hysterically.





 Sand and water...he wanted to get in the pool...

 He had one arm out for touching everything. All the rocks were fascinating.

 Exploring boxes of puppets.  He was so happy. He really loved all the little kids running around.


 
 Willow laying in a cast of a giant footprint found in Utah!
 Rowan had to join in...he sat in the toe :)
 
 I swear if he could run he would.




A fun day at the museum followed by pancakes, hot chocolate and french fries, a chiro adjustment and then 3 hours of play rehearsal.  I need a nap...
 
Another great day to be an unschooler...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!