Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Broken Ankle

 
 Mara fell the day we had the big ice storm.  She was walking from work to a friends house and slipped on the ice...that's when she heard the crack....
 Broke both bones and a tip off the Fibula....
 4 days later she met with the surgeon to see about surgery...


Sure enough, she needed screws and plates to put it all back together.  She has been a trooper.  It is horribly painful and she has months of recovery ahead but we are grateful she is ok!  She will get a hard cast on in 2 weeks so hopefully then she will be a little more mobile...Willow has been such a great help.  She is Mara's little helper! Of course Rowan hung out with her until they wheeled her back.














Our neighbor broke both of her ankles in December!  She was so sweet and made this certificate for Mara...


Happy Healing Mara...We love you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!