Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, November 15, 2012

5 Months


 I'm how old?

Mr. Rowan is 5 months actual, 2 1/2 months adjusted, 12 lbs 1 oz, 23 inches long of pure joy!
 Rowan loves his hands. I keep wondering if he is going to get a thumb in there and be a thumb sucker. He also loves his blankets.  He is my first baby to really just love a blanket.  He likes to have it touching his face while he is nursing. He loves to sit, supported of course, and will hold on to our hands while laying down and pull himself up to sitting and sometimes even standing. He has discovered toys and loves to be shown things, especially musical things. He has an infatuation with the band Guster...maybe because I listened to them a lot suring my pregnancy? He can be restless and fussy and all I have to do is turn on some Guster and he is happy as a clam  I have tried it with other music/bands and it doesn't work. He has really starting talking a lot lately.  His new words are  "I-goo", "gee", "nah" and I swear sometimes (and my friend Katrina hears it too) he says "mama" :)
 He is such a sweet, sweet baby.  He has his first cold right now...could be the notorius RSV that they scare the crap out of you in the NICU as it fits all the symptoms and has spread like mad from one family to another to ours. But, we have our ways of dealing with things like this and it works wonders.  Lots of essential oils, chiropractor, breastfeeding and fresh air and sunlight...although the inversion in the air is not helping too much.
It seems like his is growing up so fast....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!