Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kids Club: Dry Ice Fun!

Today was our Homeschool Kids Club meeting and we met at the park for some science fun( a big Thank you to Steph over at OLM for setting this up!).

He would not look at me because I put him in a hat...he hates hats :( But they are just too cute! My little bug getting ready for a day of science :)...or in his case, sleeping...


 What do you get when you combine dry ice, food coloring, cornstarch, dish soap, glue and bubble solution?....absolute joy!
 

 Feeling the vibrations of the dry ice through the metal tongs...
 Then on the spoon...it was making a buzzing sound and was moving around :)

 Time for some experimenting...

 The bubbles would fill with gas and pop and the "smoke" would fly into the air...pretty cool :)

 Eli collected the bubbles on cloth...


 
 Willow was having too much fun seeing what would happen if she added "X" to the dry ice water....




 Adding in hand soap made for a tower of bubbles...








 Rowan kept cozy warm in the moby...It was really chilly out today...the weather is definitely changing!

 Awesome giant bubble!



 Slime time!
 







 
What a glorious day to be a homeschooler!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!