Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Fun at The Cabin

 What an absolutely beautiful time of year to be at the cabin! We were greeted by deer nearly every day.
 Rowan LOVES to be outside. I tried out the ergo with him and I like it for the most part. I have the infant insert in there but I think I will like it better when he is bigger and I don't have to use it, especially when I can put him on my back.  That is if I can even handle carrying him on my body!  He is growing so fast and the bigger he gets, the worse my fibromyalgia gets.  Hopefully we will start sleeping soon and that will get better :) He is 9 lbs 1 oz now!!
 Beautiful Aspen trees!
 Sweet faces :)
 Games Galore!  I think "Moods" was the game of the weekend...well, that Settlers of Catan and the game from hell that Josh created.
 The cutest baby bottom on the planet! Rowan enjoys his morning massage :)
 He tries to crawl with his legs...gotta lift that upper body first dude!

 He loves his Daddy :)

 More Moods....

 
 Chilling out, waiting for dinner to finish cooking...

Gam Gam loves her baby :)

The Happy Birthday Couple!!
 We were celebrating Aric and Becca's birthday's. We consumed (and I am not exagerating) 6 Lbs of bacon, 6 lbs of pork shoulder, 2 lbs of ham and 32 sausage links over the weekend.  I hear there is going to be a pork shortage soon...we were just doing our part :) Funny how when we go to the cabin we all eat foods in extra large quantities that we would not normally consume! Everything was delicous! David is an amazing cook :)
Sweet little man wearing his knee highs that I made him and his moose sweater from Aspen :)
 
 Shots from ATV and motorcycle rides...
 
 My sweet, sweet Willow...
 
 The beautful birthday couple...







 
We took a few hikes, getting me ready for some extreme exercising again!
 
We ran into these crazy people on our hike around the lake.


And we were welcomed back by this character...

Best friends...
The moose family...


Rowan loves his Mara...
 
And Mara loves her Rowan...

The fire alarm went off and Maggie was terrified! At one point I had put Rowan in his bouncy seat and I was getting some food, the alarm went off and Maggie ran to Rowan's side and would not budge.  She was totally in protective mode even though she is so scared of the alarm...Sweet baby :)
 
Looking down on the birthday festivities...

 
Playing the game Josh created....it lasts for hours!

Baby love...


Birthday kisses in their cool Birthday hats :)

Silly girls...
 
 
Men making dinner...nachos and quesadillas,,,yum!

The weather was so gorgeous! Aric only wishes he could read his book in peace without being licked to death by Juniper...
 
Willow and Eli having fun in the forest...







The Lake


I don't even know what to say about this...at least he was warm on his evening ATV ride...

More moose family...
I swear he is smiling!


Until next time! Rowan can't wait :)
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!