Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Farwell Summer: Hike at Silver Lake

  We headed up to Silver Lake for a day of hiking fun.  As we were leaving the neighborhood, Josh was walking home from work.  He decided to jump in the van and join us...I told him his shirt matched the Aspen trees :)


 We saw 2 moose, a bull and a cow, hanging out by the trail....



 
 I decided to try out the stroller with roo...one day little man we will be running again! It was kind of freaking me out the way his head bounced as we went over the wood path so I eventually put him in the moby....





  Of course we saw  lots of friendly ducks... and a few fish


 And lots of cool caterpillars...


Willow's favorite spot is this granite rock wall...she has become quite the climber!






Waking up and realizing he is not in someones arms :)


So into the moby wrap for another trip around the lake :)
 
 This time we saw tons of deer...





 
 And back to the rock wall...atop her perch where she is most happy :)
 


 Rowan was much happier tucked in here...and he always gets lots of attention :)  People always ask how old he is and when I say he is 3 months( in this case) they look so puzzled...then I have to explain that he should only be 3 weeks and so on...I think I may just start referring to him as his adjusted age! I can't tell you how many people said to me that I was "brave" for hiking with such a little one...ok, yeah, if I had just had him 3 weeks ago I probably would not be hiking, but he came 3 months ago and we spent the entire summer in a hospital so I am hiking....plus he is a little nature boy and loves to be outside!





Cute little chipmunks and squirrels were everywhere....

And cute little tree dwelling sprites too :)

 
 We could have stayed all day....


Life is good...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!