Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Wisdom Teeth....


Josh really needed his wisdom teeth out...he had 4 and 2 were impacted.  I had scheduled his appointment long before Rowan's surprise arrival.  Lucky for us, Aspen was in town so she could take him and drive him home.  Well, the adventures began that day. 
 As expected, David and I were in a NICU haze and so we left it all up to the kids to make it happen...mistake #1... :)  

First, they got lost driving there...they even went to the wrong dentist.  Once they got there, they had to wait for over an hour and Aspen had not eaten...well, when Aspen does not eat, she faints...and that she did....she ended up in a chair with Josh :) 
Luckily, Aspen had a friend come with her and he was able to drive them both back home.  The surgery went well and Josh was sent home with prescriptions and instructions to take Advil every 4-6 hours in addition to his pain meds that we were to pick up. 
This was translated by Aspen as...he doesn't have any medications and he can take Advil every 46 hours  LOL!!!!  Poor Josh was in agonizing pain by the time we got home from the NICU.  David went and got him the loratab and then the real fun began...


Apparently my son in allergic to loratab.  It turned him into a raving lunatic that talked about 20 decibels above his normal voice and stumbled around like a drunk...he made many, many "drunk" phone calls to everyone in his contact list at all hours of the night and day (I apologize now to all of you parents who received these calls :) ) and he was talking gibberish the entire time.  We have a video but that is just for Josh.... At one point, David, Aspen and I were in my bedroom talking and Josh came stumbling in dressed for work and holding his car keys letting us know he was headed to work! 

It was a crazy couple of days but he is pain free and back to normal now...no more loratab for him!

3 comments:

LeeAnn Schwemmer said...

Hehehe! Cody was lucky enough to be one of the people that got calls from the "drugged" Josh! At one point I heard him on speaker phone, and I agree with you that he doesn't handle that drug well! What a cutie! Glad he's feeling better! :)

LeeAnn Schwemmer said...

Hehehe! Cody was lucky enough to be one of the people that got calls from the "drugged" Josh! At one point I heard him on speaker phone, and I agree with you that he doesn't handle that drug well! What a cutie! Glad he's feeling better! :)

Sarah said...

Wow, this brought me back quite a few years. When I had my wisdom teeth out, the pain medication made me too dopey to do anything. My husband had an extraction and like your son, he appeared drunk. Oddly, he passed out in front of our wine rack and I called the E.R. When they arrived, they thought he was drunk because of the location and I explained it was the pain meds. What confusion!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!