Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mazatlan 2012: The Weekend

Pottery painting at the resort...

New friends to add to her collection...

Go fish...

Breakfast of champions...

For me, a gluten free paradise! Thank goodness I am not allergic to corn too! I have had the most amazing meals while in Mexico.  I was a little worried about it but I have had no trouble at all :) Beef tamales, paella and steamed shrimp for breakfast! My aversion to eggs is still huge but I had no trouble getting plenty of protein :)

Willow was in love with these "chocolate penguins"....I told her we have those in the states in a box called hostess cakes  lol  Needless to say she has the complete opposite diet of her mother!   If I ate bagels and chocolate cake for breakfast I would just have to go back to bed :)

Breakfast was fast as there are so many creatures to find...

Beautiful peacocks...

We went into Mazatlan today and took a taxi to the Mega, their grocery store for some essentials :)

Then back home to the beach and pool for more fun in the sun...




She loved the beach so much...










David went looking for seashells out in the water :)

Sandcastles in the making...

Then for dinner, another taxi into town with the whole gang...Tonight it was The Playa Bruja :)

Willow loves these open air taxi rides!

The view from dinner was great.  Tons of surfers...


Willow ordered the chicken fingers :)  It was enough for an army!

David had the most amazing grilled lobster!
Then it was dancing time!



Willow made a sweet friend, Sofia and danced the night away.  Sofia showed her some great moves and told us that Willow has a passion for dance :)



Here are some clips of Willow and Grandma dancing away...


Loving paradise!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!