Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Joshua's Graduation from Sego Lily School April 9, 2012

Joshua Graduated!

Willow and Eli

Becca and me..for all of you that wanted to see my baby bump :)

The D and D gang...Aidan, James, Corbin, Josh, Jerusha and Hannah...(missing Preston, Eli and Ian)

In order to graduate from a Sudbury school, students must demonstrate that they have taken responsibility for preparing themselves to become effective adults in the larger community.  They write a Thesis and must defend it at graduation.  Then a vote is taken among those on the graduation committee and a diploma is issued.  Along the way they have mentors and meetings with the graduation committee. 


James went first with his Thesis...


Then Josh played his video... (see below)

Both boys did an excellent job defending their Theses and the votes were unanimous!








We are all so proud of them both!

Celebration time!


Afterwards it was off to Iceburg for some giant shakes to celebrate with good friends :)

Here is Josh introducing his video...



Here is the video...2 hours of footage condensed into 7 minutes :)


Josh reading his Thesis on Dungeons and Dragons...


We are so proud of you!

Two kids in college and a baby on the way! You never know what life has in store for you :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!