Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fascinating

Willow has been going to the gym with me and hanging out in the kids care playing with the babies :)  The ladies that work there ask her lots of questions about being homeschooled.  They find her fascinating. I think a lot of people have this idea that homeschoolers are these "religious, sit at your desk in your home, shut down, shy people"  Well, if you have met my family you know we are a far cry from that!
I think she is pretty fascinating too.











It seriously has taken 4 months to undo what 5 days in a public charter school did to her. The anxiety is gone and her interests are taking charge. The fear of being wrong is gone and has been replaced with the idea that mistakes can turn into something really cool! The process of deschooling is interesting.





Willow's suspended egg :)


I am glad to have my self initiated learned back!


Life is good...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hooray for happy, confident children!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!