Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"We Can Do That Next Week"


Today was one of those days...in fact, this week has been one of those weeks. Nothing I had planned has really turned out the way I thought it would...some of it better, some not so great...but today, out of the mouths of babes...

I was going to take the girls up to the mountains to get some beautiful leaves for making these cool place mats and as soon as they heard we were going in the car they both said "can we go to Sonic?"..ok, I took them to sonic like a year ago... it stuck.  I think they just really wanted the silly toy and the slushee :)

In the car on the way over we were listening to the radio and Cake came on.  Willow said turn it up..Then I heard her say to Beach "I really like the band Cake but my true love is Oingo Boingo" :) Then Beach started singing "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas and said that was her favorite song...who are you girls?  LOL

Then we stopped by Michaels to get some supplies. The girls said "can we look around and shop?" I told then they could choose;  If we shopped then we would not have time for the project...they both looked at each other and Beach says "we can do that next week, today is for shopping"  Now, how can you argue with that!

 Of course, they spent an hour deciding amongst all the items that Michaels carries that cost $1 :)  Lots of thinking, weighing their options. It was quite entertaining :) These are the treasures they ended up with.  Apparently the week after next is an all day shopping spree.

Some days are like this. Some weeks are like this.  It is life and we are always learning.  Before I was ready to head out the girls were playing the Wii and then running outside to get water samples from Millcreek so they could look at it under the microscope :)

It is never the same around here and I would not have it any other way :)


 Gotta love unschooling!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!