Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Monday, October 10, 2011

Aric's "Beer Garden" 39th Surprise Birthday!

This is the story of Aric's 39th Surprise Birthday party!

The stash of homemade pretzels and of course, a brew pubs worth of beer...

Aric loves beer....let me say that again...Aric LOVES beer.  So, of course when Becca started planning the party we knew it would have to be a German Brew Pub Party.  Keeping it from Aric was not easy...especially when he showed up unannounced and I am out front in my bar maid costume talking to the neighbors LOL  I lied and said it was my Halloween costume and he assumed David and I were going to be Hansel and Gretel  LOL 
And a final Utah farewell to the chubby... :(

"The Birthday Princess" arrived to a house full of his closest friends and of course...Lederhosen! oh, and a big Thank You to our amazing neighbors, Chris and Steve for letting us borrow your beer steins!

Every guy in Lederhosen needs a beautiful beer maiden by his side :)

The beer ranking sheets...

Let the festivities begin!  Here is a sampling of our evening...some of the photos are in the vault..never to be seen...


Aric opening his gift from us...


ok, I could say something here but I won't...
Brats!



Dancing Leila...










 A selection of photos with Vard...







 I don't even want to know...


 Cute Megan and Pat :)




 Blindfolding Vard for his taste tests of various foods that consisted of lime juice, asian pear, easy cheese, licorice and a spoonful of raw cinnamon...  LOL


 Hans and Frans...



 Our Beer maiden bringing the samples...





 The beer maiden bringing us a surprise...

Everyone signed the poster I made for Aric...apparently is is going to hang above his bed :)

A series of wig shots...











 Happy Birthday to you!...or Alles Gute Zum Geburstag!





 Our great selection of beers...all except that horrible malt liquor that David threw in to confuse us all...he even put food coloring in it...it was disgusting...

 Happy Birthday Aric! Amazing party, amazing friends and great memories!

 Check out our dance! It is dark and you can't really hear the music over our clogs and all the clapping but we did an amazing job!





If you want to see more from our amazing evening of fun,,check out Life With Aric at http://www.backseatadventures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!