Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Adventure Thursday: Hee Haw Farms

For Adventure Thursday this week...It's the annual trip to Hee Haw Farms!  Time for some corn maze fun, farm animals, pumpkin picking and hay adventures...

But first, the tradition...making THE BEST pumpkin bread on the planet..no, I am not bragging about my cooking skills, seriously this recipe is AMAZING!  Lemme know if you want it...


 Ahh, Leroy...you never change...

Having fun petting the cow...I see that look on Willow's face...no, we cannot get one...

Baby pigs born the night before...Just way too cute!

Then Willow took off after the run away goat that kept escaping from the petting area  LOL


I told them that they had better put away those cigarettes...


Willow and Beach the Birthday girl! Happy Birthday Beach :)

Snow on the mountains!

My, my how my children have grown...especially my oldest here..
Willow was not amused...



Time to get lost in the corn maze...

Josh, our faithful leader...



Catie literally eating the corn as we walked along...


Catie picking more corn for lunch...

Willow and her corn stalk







Hay ride...




Hay Adventures!

Time to go look for some pumpkins...





Becca needed a quick shower first...

Seriously, I hit my head on one of these sunflowers and it felt like a rock!  They were amazing :)

Gourd phone...very important call for Willow...

Everyone found the perfect pumpkin..

Time for lunch...leftover homemade pizza, veggies, hummus and of course the pumpkin bread!



Then Willow and Eli headed off to the corn bin...apparently it makes your skin soooo soft! ;)
After the corn bin,  I went to snap some pictures of the kids on the slide and my camera was broken :(  I have no idea what happened...it has been acting weird for a while, I guess it is time for a new one...

Loving life!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We love it there! We'll go next week--I can't wait!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!