Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The State Fair 2011


 We had tons of fun at the State Fair this year...the kids all got wristbands and took off towards the rides. David and I took off to see the sites :)





 This was hilarious...
 David and I wandered the buildings, chatting with people about bees, chickens and bunnies. 





 I have wanted a fiber bunny forever! I thought I wanted an angora but after talking to the bunny lady I ended up with 2 Jersey Woolies.  I am collecting fur daily. I cannot wait to start spinning!

This is an English angora...they require a lot of grooming!

 I love all the animals! I really want a silkie chicken. I am going to go to the Utah Fancy poultry fair in October to see about getting one or two.  I am worries about integrating them into our flock. Our ladies get along so well right now.

Huge rooster...they kind of creep me out with their energy...

This man looked so miserable selling these dolls :)

 David and Josh partook of a deep fried bacon stuffed twinkie...disgusting!



We had a great day and brought home 2 more family members!
Stormy is the white one and Leo is the grey. They are the sweetest bunnies ever!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!