Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Little Bit of Our Week...

 
We have had 3 days of "great new things" so far this week and so much more to come...here are just a few of the highlights....

  • At gymnastics, Willow finally made it to the top of the rope...I will have to snap a picture...she was so excited!  Mara is flipping all over the place : )
  •   New songs on the Cello and violin can be heard around here...looking forward to a concert in the near future...

I have had these forever! I think I bought them when Aspen was little and no one ever wanted to make them.  So, I pulled them out and Willow and I got to work!

 So cute :)

 floam sculpting...


 me, FINALLY, finishing the mermaid...

 She looks like an alien right now, gotta go get some cool "mermaid" hair...Willow brought her human sister down to meet her...

Luna, my sewing familiar...


Today was homeschooling swap with Hiking without Happy Meals.  We decided to take a walk and stop in at the fabric store and see if they had some cool mermaid hair...they didn't, so we continued on to 7-11 for slurpees...


 Of course you must do cartwheels all the way!

Happy Children!


 We saw these bees on the way back into the neighborhood...next spring they will be residing in our backyard :)




 Home and outside for some ice melting...


Of course art/science is never complete without chickens joining in!


Tonight, after a wonderful dinner of chili and corn bread, we were off to Parent/Teacher/Student conferences for Mara.  I will just say, my daughter is freaking amazing!! She has a100 in Biology, she is doing concurrent enrollment with SLCC in Painting and her teacher told her she needs to do studio next year and said how impressed he was with her abilities, her music listening teacher said she was a great student and very devoted and enjoys having her in class, her English teacher said she was so mature and is very interested in her unschooling background, and the office staff said they love having Mara as an office aid! The only teacher that we did not get to meet was her Algebra teacher.  I am very impressed so far with the people at Olympus.  Mara is doing very well and she is very supported. 

And after the meetings, a trip to Joann's found the perfect yarn for hair :) She loves her!



We will see what tomorrow brings...

 Life is sweet :)

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!