Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Adventure Thursday: Antelope Island


And our 2nd adventure begins....

We headed out bright and early to see what adventure Antelope Island could bring! Yes, I have lived in Utah for 8 years now and this was my first trip to The Great Salt Lake :) What a great way to spend the last day of summer...
It was quite beautiful, and I would love to go back...maybe even camp.  Apparently the area is inhabited by the ghost of John Baptiste. We didn't see any apparitions wandering the shore but we did see some amazing sites!
 
Of course...Antelope :)

 
And Bison...


The Backseat Adventurers...


Me, the ever faithful limo driver...


First stop...Buffalo Point


I see you....

"So Long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehn

Goodnight :)



We love our lives!




Is this a machine gun?


Off to the beach to meet up with our friends over at Hiking Without Happy Meals!

The Beauiful Adventurer Moms...




Bison foot prints...
Trying to walk like a Bison :)

The 3 adventurers, off to find some treasure...

Or just some brine shrimp...






Unfortunatly, the brine shrimp met their demise when I accidently poured them down the drain :(




3 of the cutest teens I know....

Lunch time!


with a veiw...



Off to check out the ranch...












Ride 'em cowgirl!

Welcome home...




scary floating baby...is the the ghost of Antelope Island?

Don't make me go in the cellar!



Horse girl...


Hey kid, didn't you read the no tresspassing sign?


Tractor races...who will win?




The causeway heading home...



We had an amazing Adventure and we are looking forward to next week!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We usually go about four times a year... I love it there. :) Sounds funny, but every time we go, we have a wonderful time!

hiking without happy meals said...

I'm glad I didn't have all those cute kids with me ;) thanks for the great day. We had wonderful kids, amazing free range moms, & good off road tires!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!