Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sudbury School Conference




 Rebecca, Catie, Corbin, Jen and I attended The Sudbury School Conference at The Fairhaven School in Upper Marlboro Maryland, right outside of DC in June.  We all had a great time getting to meet other Sudbury staff and learning about other schools.  I made a lot of friends and I was so inspired by the things I learned. I am so lucky to be a part of this model of education and look forward to all that it brings to our worlds changing educational system.

Me and Becca right after we landed in Baltimore :)
Catie picked us up at the airport and we headed into Baltimore for some dinner.  We thought we would try some seafood, but the place we picked was just "ok".  I ordered ciopinno and it was kind of gross :(  

We made it to the hotel and crashed.  Looking forward to seeing the sights in DC the next day :)
In Front of the Smithsonian Gardens


The Smithsonian

 
Einstein's lap :)
World War 2 Monument

Vietnam Memorial
Lincoln Memorial


Washington Monument


Yes, that is Catie in a tree...
 These are pictures we took after the drove through Washington trying to find a place to park, crossed to Potomac and ended up in Virgina! We had quite the adventure :)

We had a crab feed one night after the conference sessions.  Maryland blue crab. It was an experience :) 

Then we had a bonfire complete with drumming and smores :)  It was so great to see the fireflies come out at dusk!
We played a game of Ultimate Frisbee...we won! :)


Jen gave her Conference presentation and did an amazing job :)

We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone! Thank you to Fairhaven school for hosting us :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!