Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Ladies



We got chickens back in May.  There are 8 in all. They were tiny babies and now they are nearly fully grown!  We should be seeing eggs next month.  Willow is so excited :) The kids named them, mostly after the D and D characters from the Sego Lily group :)

David built this amazing coop for them and they are the happiest ladies I know. We will be painting a mural on it soon  :) 

















Meet Proudfoot
  



Fernandez and Eranah jumping on the trampoline :)


Bertha
 

Ostara

Shasheeba














Last night I dreamed of chickens,

there were chickens everywhere,
they were standing on my stomach,
they were nesting in my hair,
they were pecking at my pillow,
they were hopping on my head,
they were ruffling up their feathers
as they raced about my bed.

They were on the chairs and tables,
they were on the chandeliers,
they were roosting in the corners,
they were clucking in my ears,
there were chickens, chickens, chickens
for as far as I could see...
when I woke today, I noticed
there were eggs on top of me.

----Jack Prelutsky

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!