Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Creating

I have been doing a lot of thinking about something someone said to me recently about how they were "creating the life they wanted to live" and sort of insinuating that I was not.  I don't know how one person can decide what another person should be doing with their life. I believe this to the core. I don't think I have any right to tell another person of any age what they should be doing with their time.  That is why I unschool my children and why I now work at Sego Lily.  
 Obviously this person does not know me well, as I feel truly blessed in my life.  I don't think that just because you can do something that you should, and I definitely believe in letting go of things that are not bringing you joy. 

 It is like the mom that forces her kid to finish out the year in soccer because the they started it and in her mind if they quit, they failed.  What? Where is the logic in this.  I think the journey is more important than the finish line.  The process more important than the finished product.  I know, radical thinking.  For so many people it is all about what you can show from your "work". 

My daily life never looks the same. I am creating the life that is perfect for me. My life may seem very simple and not exciting to some but that is ok with me.


Sugarhouse Park...Gorgeous!


  The weather has been amazing and I have been on a 2 week "Staycation" from Sego Lily :) I would normally just go to the gym, take a class or run on the treadmill while watching Terminator for the  50th time, but something was calling me back to the park where I have probably run/walked a 1000 miles :)  Of course, the longing eyes of my "two headed" dog didn't help either.  So, walking it has been.

My 2 headed border collie :)




We do a lot of cooking... alright, lately David has been doing most of it :)  We made this "to die for" Asian chicken and fried rice...Willow loves to chop veggies. 



Of course Friday night Date night is a must :)  I had pulled the camera out because Becca and I decided we would start blogging about our amazing meals and what we are drinking but we got wrapped up in stories and we soon forgot :)  But, here we are keeping David entertained with stories while he grilled the chicken and tried to keep the real chickens from jumping on the grill LOL


On Saturday, David and I rode our sweet "new to us" bikes to Chipotle for lunch :) Josh was at work, Willow was at Beach's and Mara was on a cleaning rampage of her room and busy planning her 16th birthday bash :)

  

Gotta love KSL!


Then we rode over to Liberty park and hung out by the lake for a while.  It was nice to see the lake restored after the Chevron oil spill 2 years ago.  

 Enjoy the journey and quit racing for the finish line!

2 comments:

Melissia said...

Someone saying that to you of all people is pretty shocking. Have not read your blog forever, waving from here :)

Teri said...

Hey Melissia! Great to hear from you :)

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!