Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Willow and Beach: Week 3 Adventures in Insects


This week, the girlies finished up their little dogs they have been working on. This is the first animal in the "farm" they are creating :)


Totally cute!
It was such a beautiful day that we decided to head over to Tanner for some river playin' and explorin'!

What we didn't know, was that there was a nest of hornets waiting for poor Willow to discover. I threw Maggie's ball and Willow went in the trees after it. She was bitten at least 4 times and Maggie had them crawling out of her fur. We got out of there as fast as we could.
On the way out, Beach found a fuzzy, yellow caterpillar and we brought it home to watch for a while. Willows poor face is all red from crying :(
The girls were bummed that their adventure at Tanner was cut short so I took them over to Liberty Park for a while.

They decided to go catch stray tennis balls :) They ended up with one, which I think has been commandeered by Maggie ;)
That night, the caterpillar started forming his Chrysalis! It is hard to see against the yellow but it is pretty cool. I am pretty sure he is a moth, a Tussock moth, but we will see :) The girls were totally excited.
Next week it is off to the Utah State Fair, more watercolor and who knows what else!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!