Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Utah State Fair 2010

Yesterday, Willow, Beach and I met up with a huge group of homeschoolers for the State Fair. We had a great day...7 hours, of animals, rides, crappy food and sunburns :)
Now they want pigeons....
And bunnies...
ok..I want the goat :)
The cows were huge...I think you forget what a huge animal they are until you are right next to them...
Sheep shearing was cool. Willow go t a little piece of wool to take home and of course my Border Collies went wild. We had used wool felt and wool stuffing making their dogs last week and we talked about where it came from. They thought that was cool...
Finally, the rides opened and it was time for some fun...
The girls were too short to ride this so one of the guys working the ride rode with them. I was walking over to a bench to sit and turned around to see this guy in there with them...freaked the hell out of me at first! They didn't care...they had fun.
Cherry slushes and magic shows...
Back to the animals again...we love the goats!!
This is the weirdest pigeon...
Baby pigs are so cute, but man do they smell!

Nothing says the fair like a cotton candy the size of your upper body LOL
'Till next year....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!