Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day Camp: Wild Things 2010

The first week of August was Girl Scout Day Camp! The theme was Wild Things, based on the Project Wild environmental education curriculum for K-12.

I was working with the Junior troop. They dissected owl pellets and thought that was way cool :)


Willow's unit having fun playing tag...


Sierra and Willow showing me their cute little snow owls....


We learned all about bears :) Debbie my Unit leader :) We had a great time!
But then the storm came...we ended up at our rainy day location on 2 days..
fortunately, it was only raining up in the mountains :)

The camp directors nephew, known as Mr Incredible, helped out this year. he was great. He led a lot of fun songs :)
My girls baked cupcakes in a box oven...they were pretty good..
On the last day all the units did a skit that they had made up based on their "unit animal" We were the Northern Flying Squirrels :)

Willow asked me just today "when is next year? I can't wait to go back to day camp!"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!