Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Aspen's Graduation


Last week, David and I flew to Portland to attend Aspen's graduation ceremony. We had a great visit...too fast, but great. Our dear friend Kathy stayed with the other kiddios. We can't thank her enough for entertaining Willow for the 4 days!

Aspen has been in the Eary College High School Program at Portland Community College. She has been working on her AA transfer degree while earning a high school diploma at the same time. She has 9 more classes to complete the transfer portion.



Aspen was amazed by all of her gifts from everyone! We gave her a MyTouch droid phone :) She loves her new toy!








Willow made her a little horse :)









Aspen's home away from home....


On Sunday we headed to the coast...it was cold but still beautiful as ever. We had a fabulous lunch at Mo's and walked on the beach.



On Monday, we picked up Aspen's friend and headed to Portland University for the big event. I can't believe I didn't get a shot of all of us together. We were starving when the ceremony eneded and rushed to get to the resturant before it closed so I guess I just forgot :)







My pictures are crappy but she is in that sea of blue :)







While we were there we got to see our old friends and meet some new ones. We ate yummy food and shopped at Powell's. We also got Aspen's car through the DEQ and as of next week she will be an official Oregonian :) She is doing an amazing job out there. We are so very proud of her and so happy that she is following her passions in life! She is planning to go to Pacific University and major in education, eventually teaching creative writing at the college level.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!