Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Growing Up

So, we were "spring cleaning" over the weekend, getting everything organized and Willow says to me, " I only want to keep the dolls you have made for me and you can stick them in the closet on the shelf. I don't play with doll stuff or kitchens anymore, I only like animals" I was so sad :( I said, "really, you want me to get rid of all of your "house play" stuff." She said, "yes mommy, I AM growing up!"

That you are my little one, but I just can't pack it away...not yet. I realized at about 7-8yrs old is when my others quit playing "house" and she is 7 but it is still heartbreaking. I know she is just moving on to the next phase but it seems to have happened so quickly. Can't they just stay little a bit longer?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!