Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Troop 2155 March Meeting


Our March meeting consisted of continuing the Journeys we are working on. The Brownies and I started on the service project of making rice bags for the oncology department at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. The girls did a great job using the sewing machine, especially since it was for the first time for most of them. We are also going to be decoration senior food boxes for the food bank and helping out One World Cafe. Let's just say rice was EVERYWHERE! They did a great job cleaning up though :)



The Daisies talked about how the plants they have been growing will be going to The One World Cafe Garden next month! We also got a new member to the troop so that takes us up to 14 girls now! The ladybugs are now off to their next home and will be passed around through the troop and will be released in the One World Cafe garden once it is warm.


Then for fun, we made magic Blarney stones and some shamrock guys for St Patrick's Day!

The girls made their troop cookie sales goals and will soon be celebrating big with Build A Bear and Bouncin of the Walls!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!