Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February Troop Meeting: Thinking Day!


We celebrated Thinking Day in our meeting last night. This year we celebrated Denmark! Willow got the topic of "food from Denmark" so we brought some rye crackers and Havarti cheese. Most of the girls liked it. Willow LOVED the cheese. I think the cracker was the best part :) Willow made a poster all about the food.


We also learned that Lego's and Hans Christan Andersen came from Denmark, that they speak Danish, that soccer is their most popular sport, that they have an amazing amusement park called Tivoli Gardens, that Girl Scouting is done through the YWCA, the traditional dress and about a festival where they play a game called kick the kitty (they used to use a real kitty!)

Afterwards, I taught them a game from Denmark called Fruitbasket which they seemed to love and ended up taking over most of the meeting :)
Then we separated off to work on the Journey programs and this is where the camera lady failed :) Mara is normally with the Brownies, but she had play practice and had to miss the meeting so I was busy helping them decide on a community project to tackle. Looks like we will be quite busy!
We also signed up for our upcoming cookie booths. The girls more than met their goals in pre-sales!! They did great :) Looks like we have a lot of fun ahead of us this spring.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!