Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Eve 2009


This was an exciting year for us! 10 years ago, New Years Eve 1999, we made a time capsule. This year, we opened it. We had written letters to ourselves about what we thought we would be like in 10 years. They were HILARIOUS! Aspen wanted to be a horse rider, Josh wanted to be an archaeologist and a violinist, Mara wanted a pet raccoon and to be a professional shopper and David and I ...well it is too funny to mention. We were all laughing until David read that he hoped his sweet Odie (our cat) was still with us . Then the tears started when Willow collapsed into a pile of mush. Odie passed a few years ago from cancer.
You remember that year right? 1999...Y2k...everyone buying bulk toilet paper and storing food away for the end of the world :) It was great to read the newspaper :)
some things never change...Pokemon cards are still popular...
Ready to celebrate the New Year in!
We sealed the time capsule back up again, with a few new additions. Of course, we wrote letters to out future selves. It is scary to think that when we open it in 1o years, David and I will be 47 and the kids will be 28,26, 24 and 16!! We could even have spouses and grandchildren! That is very scary to think!
So away it goes to the far corners for the basement until New Years Eve 2019 :)
Happy 2010 Everyone!!

1 comment:

Weezy said...

What a great idea!! I bet it was lots of fun to look back and see how far you have come in 10 years!!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!