Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Goodbye Sweet Friends...Welcome New Friends




Willow's hamster, Alvin, passed on this week. It was a very tearful goodbye. Theodore, his brother, went mysteriously missing the same week. They like to be together so we just hope Alvin did not die from loneliness :(

We had bought a new cage for them about a week ago and we think Theodore some how escaped. If that is the case we are sure the cats made off with him. Willow was devastated...We buried Alvin under the sunflowers. He will be missed. He lived a long (and hopefully) happy life with us.

So...the question came..When can I get more hamsters? I had said we were done after Alvin and Theodore but she just loves them so much. So, we went today and replaced the cage( just in case that was what led to Theodore's demise) and got 2 new friends to join our family. They don't have names as of yet but they are settling right in. They have to be left alone for 3 days so they can acclimate to their new surroundings. Willow is too excited to hold them :)
They are sweethearts.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!