Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Paper Making


On Friday, we had a paper making class at Sego Lily. The kids made some amazing art! I love it :) Mara brought some fresh herbs from her garden and it smelled like a gourmet meal was being cooked. Willow's finished work is above and Mara's are below.

The paper making adventure came from us reading about Japan for Culture Club (more to come on that Wednesday :) ) We were reading Make it Work Japan, The Hand's on Approach to History by Andrew Haslam. It has a lot of great ideas for learning about Japan by doing projects.




Mara teaching Zoe how to iron her paper....

The drying work......

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

[gasp] Those are sooo pretty!!
I've been meaning to make paper Forever... I've had a book on it for like fifteen years and have never done it! :/
I think Madd would like this one.

I'll put it on the list. ;)

Teri said...

It was fun! Let me know if you want to use my frames...I have 3 :)

I saw your awesome jack o lantern jars...may have to make soem for the Halloween Party.

Hope to see you soon!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!