Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 14


Mara is 14! Time is flying too fast. She had a great day celebrating!!

We got Mara a gag gift this year. Long story, but over the Holidays last year, we watched a lot of movies and in between the movies these horrible infomercials would be on. You know,...the ones you just can't turn off because you are sure they are a Saturday Night Live sketch.... well, one of them was for this thing called a "snuggie". So, like for 2 months after that it was a running joke in the house about the snuggie and so when I was out shopping one day and saw it on the shelf I knew I had to get one for Mara :) Well, Willow was actually the one that said we HAD to get it (hee hee)

As you can see, she could barely breathe she was laughing so hard!
On her actual birthday, she and her friend Lexi hit the Gateway first thing for a day of shopping, movies and food. They had a great day...spent like 8 hours there! Of course they had to be ALONE....its a teenage thing (hee hee)
She came home with a ton of new stuff and got these beautiful earrings from Kathy...she is quite the jewelry maker!

She chose Outback Steakhouse for dinner. All I can say is thank god we did not have to endure Sweet Tomatoes again this year LOL That is always the place she and Willow choose to go..but for some reason we all get stomach aches afterwards...ie open food bars...and well, my meat eaters really hate that place :)
Happy Birthday! We love you!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

The snuggy thing is glorious. :/

:)

Wendy Ray said...

Happy Birthday Mara! We LOVE you!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!