Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Off to Mesa


Today Josh left for Mesa in Colorado. It was snowing like crazy and their was a high wind advisory. So fun! Everyone's dream is to camp in the freezing cold and snow! They will have a blast once they get there and get camp set up :) They have a main tent house with a fire always burning, that is already set up with the other families that are already there. I sent him with a mummy bag, a big and tall bag and a polar fleece liner that I zipped up on the sewing machine. It is supposed to be 20 degrees at night and in the upper 50's a couple of the days :) They other days are supposed to be warmer.


At least they have lots of "tasty treats" to eat! :)


Josh HATES the feel of polar fleece. In fact he hates the feel of any fabric that isn't 100 % cotton. He has always been like that, even as a little kid. You can tell from the look on his face that he is dying in this bag! His plan is to get inside the mummy bag, then inside the fleece, then inside the regular sleeping bag and put blankets on top of that :) I think he will be quite warm! He has 3 sets of ski pants and all of my wool socks. This is the kid that wears shorts all year round, even in the snow.


I heard form Kathy a while ago, they made it to Grand Junction with no problems. They drove through a total blizzard and at one point it was raining dirt from all the dust that had been kicked up :) They are hoping to get to the land and get camp set up before the storm hits them.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!