Joyful Liberation

Joyful Liberation

Thursday, March 12, 2009

World's Smartest Dogs


This came into my into my inbox today. Looks like Juniper Wren and Maggie May are the world's smartest dogs :) It doesn't surprise me, they literally speak English :) I have to whisper words like car, park, ball, treat, even beach!( they have not been to the beach in almost a year) Sometimes though they can hear me upstairs from the basement :) We have been going stir crazy with the snow but it looks like Spring is coming so Tanner park here we come! Since the kids have gone to school, they have become my very faithful companions. They sit by me all day, even come into the bathroom and lie by the shower. I think they are confused about the changes around here. I take them with me almost everyday to pick up the kids so they can see where they are :)
Although I agree with most of the description, the part about small kids is not true for us. Our dogs love little kids and don;t seem frustrated by them at all. We got Maggie when Willow was 2 and she has been great. Juniper came along 2 years later. Juniper is more of a herder than Maggie but she just herds the cats :) They do need lots of attention and lots of energy burned off. They will bring you the Frisbee or the tennis ball when they are ready to play! How can you say no when they plop it in your lap :) Our dogs will lick you to death but only when you fist come into the house. Once your here they pretty much ignore you....unless Maggie is in one of her moods ;) She has been known to defend us quite well!
We did adopt a border collie before Maggie, but he had been abused and he shoved Mara to the ground and bit her neck :( SO, he went to live with a family without kids. I think his issues were from being beaten :( He had been dumped on the interstate by a rancher that no longer wanted him. I guess that is common out here. I am glad he found a forever home.
We love our borders!





Good Boy! The World’s Ten Smartest Dogs
By: PetMD (View Profile)



#1 Border Collie The Border Collie comes in at number one. Because of their extraordinary intelligence and high energy, it is essential to give Border Collies an occupation or purpose, or you may well find your home wrecked upon your return from a long day at work. They have an intense connection with humans, making them ideal work and home companions. However, keep this in mind: Border Collies invariably will not do well unless they are with people who are as high energy as they are; they do best with humans who can participate in dog sports with them. Also, because of their background as herding dogs, they may be frustrated by small children, as their inability to herd the children as they deem fit is confounded. For the right human, the Border Collie is well behaved, exceptionally good at learning, and a true-blue companion.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mom to 5 amazing kids and married to my best friend and love of my life. We co-habitate with 1 cat, Asha, 2 dogs, Maggie May and Juniper Wren, a Chinchilla names Ozwald, and a Hamster named Fat Panda. We have lived in Salt Lake City for 13 years by way of Tennessee and Oregon. I love to be with my kids, knit, run, craft, sew, paint,travel, hike and play :) I love our crazy life!